Clarity for Charity



I recently signed up to consult for Clarity.

No, I am not leaving my current job but I have been looking for a way that I could use my spare time in the evenings or weekends to work from home for non-profits. Clarity is an ingenious company that is a community of people looking for expert advice from people who have very specific industry knowledge.  

Need someone who has worked as an engineer in aerospace to consult on a project? Want to find a social media guru who knows the health care space? Need some advice for your software start up from someone who understands agile software development? 

Then it is clear. Clarity is the answer with over 10,000 experts available. 

The way it works is that once you sign up and create  a profile, you can sell your expertise to an open marketplace looking for help on a topic or subject that you have deep knowledge. In my case, I will focus on marketing and specifically around start-ups.

The Charity Angle 
What interested me about this is that it was easy to set up a non-profit who will get the proceeds from my work. In this case, I will be donating to Charity: Water, a company whose mission is simple...


We're a group of passionate and determined creative problem-solvers who want to make a difference. 

Our mission is to bring clean and safe drinking water to every person in the world.

Charity Water Homepage - story at www.momentslater.blogspot.com
Charity:Water 
If someone is looking for expertise in food marketing consulting, they can establish through Clarity a chance to connect with me and to buy time by the minute. In my case, I am donating all of the proceeds but others can do this and keep all or some of the money themselves.

If you wanted to talk to some celebrity advisers like Mark Cuban, it will cost you $166.67 per minute or $10,000 per hour. Or you can search for people associated with a certain company and find individuals who you can talk to and to get their advice. Like Yelp, you get rated on the quality of what you deliver and you can see an experts background and credentials. 

I have heard a few podcast with some individuals who were able to donate $1000 last year to a charity by offering some advice in their field and they could arrange it in their spare time. The calls happen in the evening or weekends and are in minute increments. The more someone wants to pick your brand, the more the charity will earn.

My background includes consulting with other businesses for a few years so I feel comfortable trying this out. I’ll keep you posted as things progress. Should you be interested in learning more, just click on the box in the upper right hand corner of the blog and click on the schedule a call button. It is that simple. Unlike Mr. Cuban, my rates are more reasonable. 

For now, I’m hoping Clarity will help me support a charity.











Note: When I am not finding out about interesting marketing websites like Clarity, you can find me unraveling the mysteries of marketing. Won't you share my posts with friends? Thanks. 



Labels: , , ,